Castlevania: Symphony of the Night first launched for PlayStation in March 1997, followed by Sega Saturn in June 1998. A PSP version was released via Castlevania: The Dracula X Chronicles in October 2007, followed by an Xbox 360 version in March 2007, and a PlayStation 4 version via Castlevania Requiem: Symphony of the Night & Rondo of Blood in October 2018.
Here is an overview of the game, via its store pages:
The iconic game from the beloved Castlevania series finally comes to mobile. This direct port of the classic console action RPG lets you jump, dash and slash your way through Dracula’s vast castle as Alucard while encountering a unique array of enemies and characters along the way.
Rediscover the world of Castlevania with one of its original groundbreaking games and renowned music and graphics.
- Fully compatible with game controllers.
- New continue feature.
- Unlock achievements with hard-fought battle milestones.
- Available in six languages: English, Japanese, German, French, Italian, and Spanish.
Use the coupon code “GEMATSU” for 5% off.
Comments are welcome and encouraged on Gematsu. However, we ask that you follow a simple set of guidelines:
- Read the full article before commenting.
- Stay on topic.
- No drive-by comments, including trolling, baiting, or shit-posting.
- Know when not to comment. If you do not care about a topic, you do not need to comment.
- No offensive comments. This includes abusive, threatening, pornographic, misleading, or libelous content / language, as well as general harassment and individual attacks.
- No port-begging.
- No console wars.
- Use spoiler tags when posting spoiler or NSFW (non-nude-only) content. For example:
Woe is Leomon.State the subject of the content outside of the spoiler tags.
- Be respectful towards other commenters. You do not have to agree with each other, but debate politely. If you find that a commenter is not following this simple etiquette, do not carry on the conversation—simply report it.
Gematsu reserves the right to edit or delete any comments without notice. This comment policy is subject to change at any time.